Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sadie, age 19 months

Here are some pics of Sadie! She is a busy little toddler and spends most of her day copying her older sisters. Whatever they are doing is exactly what she wants to be doing! You can't take her into the garage without her begging to "ride" a bike. If she sees a soccer ball in the front yard she usually starts dribbling it around the yard just like her older sisters. If you say the word "gymnastics" she runs to the carpet and does a (usually perfect!) forward roll, or reaches her hands high in the air, leans back and tries to do a back bend!!

She goes to bed very easily for Joel (not so easily for me!). If Joel comes in her room while she's crying then she "hits the dirt" (as Joel says) and lays right down. Joel thinks this is hilarious and always says he's going to go in and "lay down the law." 

She is talking more and more each day. She does think that I can read her mind though. Sometimes if I am carrying her and she wants something she just says, "Mama. Mama. Mama." and gingerly grabs my face and turns it towards her, and then leans in super close and stares at my lips, continuing to say "mama mama mama" and waiting for me to say whatever it is she is wanting to say. It always cracks me up!

monkey see, monkey do!
Larkin and Willa like to collect cold water out of the tap and use it for "makeup." Sadie started copying them and here she is applying makeup to Larkin!


Joel and I always place bets on who we will wake up next to in the morning. This night we had two make it into our room in the middle of the night!

19 months old means there are some impressive melt-downs!

What else would you do with a bag of flour?


I thought Larkin was good at gymnastics until I saw Sadie. Lookout!!

Just one of the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment